Love Your St Vincent’s Nurses
2020 is the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, but instead of celebrating, our nurses have been on the front line, putting their lives at risk, to keep us all safe.
Our theatre nurses are set to be challenged like never before. Our theatre nurses are a highly skilled and dedicated team, who are critical to the work undertaken by the hospital.
Please donate today to help us to raise funds to support our theatre nurses.
Nikki Dennis, Perioperative Services Manager says, “The teams in our theatres are often unseen heroes of the hospital. It is this special group of nurses who hold the hands and reassure anxious patients. They are an integral part of the theatre team, working alongside surgeons and anaesthetists to respond to any challenge that is thrown at them.”
This is our opportunity to show how much we care for those who care for us and support them in their time of need.
We urgently need funds to purchase the following replacement items for our ageing theatre equipment. As you can see below, theatre equipment is expensive and any contribution toward these items is greatly appreciated.
- 3 Heated Mattresses $15,000 each
- Replacement X-ray Gowns $25,000 each
- 10 New Operating Tables at $25,000 each
- Intubating Endoscope at $30,000 each
- Surgical Headlights at $40,000 each
- Video Laryngoscopes at $40,000 each
- MRI Anaesthesia Machine at $50,000 each
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) - a minimally invasive diagnostic procedure for lung cancer, infections, sarcoidosis and other lung diseases at $200,000
- Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator - a powerful ultrasonic aspirator and dissector is used by Neurosurgeons to remove brain tumours without adversely affecting the surrounding healthy tissue at $400,000
Join us this Christmas to recognise and celebrate our brilliant St Vincent’s Nurses.
As this year comes to a close, please help us celebrate the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife by showing how much you Love Your St Vincent’s Nurses.
Please donate today and show our nurses you care for them, as much as they care for you.
“I have worked in the Operating Suite at St Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne for nearly 30 years. We see patients at their most vulnerable. Every day I witness my colleagues going above and beyond as they reassure their patients with a touch of the hand or with words of comfort. A mask and goggles may cover our face but we can still smile with our eyes”
- Theresa Comyns, St Vincent’s Clinical Nurse Specialist
Please share why you Love Your St Vincent's Nurses
- Donate and include a message with your donation
- Send a message or email a video of thanks to staff
- Text a message of thanks to 0400 807 807
Your message will be shared on our website and social media using your first name, for staff, patients, friends and families to read and celebrate why you Love Your St Vincent’s.