After more than a decade working with St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, CEO Angela Nolan has decided the time is right to take the next step in her career. As a result, Angela has sadly leftSt Vincent’s to take up a national leadership opportunity as Group Chief Executive Officer at Mercy Health.
There is no doubt that Angela has left a lasting legacy at St Vincent’s and she will be missed by all who have worked with her.
As CEO, Angela has overseen a number of key strategic developments that have raised the profile of SVHM and positioned the organisation for future growth and impact.
Some of Angela’s key achievements include:
- SVHM was named one of the world’s best 250 Hospitals by Newsweek US and in the Top 5 Hospitals in Australia for the past three years.
- Leading the crisis management response to COVID-19 involving the rapid reform of St Vincent’s services and vaccination program rollout in collaboration with other health services and the Department of Health at the Royal Exhibition Building as well as other key locations
- Commissioning the new St Vincent’s Hospital on The Park, an 84 bed sub-acute facility, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Driving improved and sustainable financial performance through successful growth funding negotiations, and efficiency and productivity programs.
- Implementing the “Improvement Movement” program supporting improved patient care and access, and service and quality reform, through systems and cultural transformation.
- Overseeing the design and development of major capital projects including the $180m Aikenhead Centre for Medical Discovery, the $55m ‘Berengarra’ 90 bed Residential Aged Care Facility and a $20m Palliative Care facility in Kew.
Patricia O'Rourke, St Vincent's Hospitals CEO, said, “On behalf of the Executive Leadership Team, I would like to thank Angela for her contribution to St Vincent’s. She has provided exceptionally strong leadership and service, particularly over the past four years as Chief Executive Officer of SVHM. I hope you will join me in congratulating her on this exciting next chapter in her career.”