Construction has officially begun on the state-of-the-art, $180 million Fitzroy Private Hospital redevelopment. This will include: an additional four state-of-the-art operating theatres, all equipped to deliver the latest techniques in robotic and image-guided surgery; a new intensive care unit; a new day oncology service; new radiology services; new birthing suites; and a new special care nursery, among other upgrades.
Commencement of the project was officially launched with a ‘turning of the sod’ event where the team ceremoniously broke ground on the new development site.
The new hospital will increase opportunities to share research and clinical expertise across St Vincent's precinct in Melbourne and provide care for an additional 20,000 patients.
The construction phase has seen the demolishment of the existing buildings in April, with the exception of the Heritage East Hill Hotel and the façade of East Hill House. The civil works are currently in progress and the team is making good headway with the excavation.
The basement has been dug out to a basement 1 level. In the coming weeks, we will see the balance of the excavation to a basement 2 level complete.
Stage 1 is the new tower, located adjacent to the existing private hospital is scheduled for completion in mid-2024. There are opportunities to invest in this exciting project. The St Vincent’s Foundation aims to raise $20 million through naming rights and donor engagement with the community.
We have naming acknowledgment opportunities available. These include:
- Hospital – Major Naming Opportunity on building (high profile location)
- Six new state-of-the-art Operating Theatres
- Perinatal, Birthing Suites and Special Care Nursery
- Neurology and Neurosurgery services
- Neurosciences: Neurosurgery, Spine and Neurology
- Orthopaedics, Plastics and Vascular Surgery
- Bariatric, Colorectal, Upper Gastrointestinal Tract, Urology and Endocrine
- Haematology, Oncology Day Infusion Services, Thoracic Surgery and Clinical Trials
- Intensive Care and Coronary Care Unit's
To find out more visit: https://www.stvfoundation.org.au/fitzroy-private-redevelopment
To discuss how you can be involved please contact:
Cameron Smith, St Vincent's Foundation's Private Hospital Redevelopment Capital Campaign Director on 0431 079 906 or email@example.com