St Vincent’s Foundation Run Melbourne team’s staff ambassador, Kathryn Mckinley, shares why she is entering Run Melbourne.
Kathryn is currently working on a project to improve communication with patients attending Specialist Clinics. I’m usually the Manager of Speech Pathology and will be returning to that role in 6 weeks.
- How many times have you participated in Run Melbourne?
Never – this is the first time!
- What inspired you to enter this year?
A group from Allied Health were entering so I thought I’d be a joiner…
- What distance are you running?
- How often do you train?
I run once a week usually. I head to the gym most mornings and play netball once a week.
- How do you stay motivated when you’re running?
Listening to music!
- What tips do you have for someone just staring out as a runner?
Start out with small distances and build up. Get some good music. Use a running app to track how you are going. Take it easy for first 5-10 minutes, that’s the hardest bit – finding your rhythm and getting your breathing right.
- What’s your favourite pre-run snack?
A piece of toast with jam.
- What’s your favourite running tune?
Cheap Thrills by Sia.
Want to join St Vincent’s Foundation Run Melbourne team? Click here to register: https://events.solemotive.com/run-melbourne/