St Vincent’s Mental Health – Melbourne (SVMH) has a proud history of providing innovative mental health care and services to the Victorian community.
Since 2006, SVMH has been actively involved in promoting a consumer-driven care approach to mental health. This focus has provided the direction for the creation of a new mental health information website, developed in collaboration with other mental health organisations in Victoria.
The aSMILE website https://asmile.org.au/ will provide those suffering with mental illness, their families, carers and health professionals, with a holistic and easier way to browse mental illness information and available services based on their individual needs.
The site provides information on:
- Mental health diagnosis and hospitalisation processes
- The psychological issues surrounding mental health
- Social guidance on financial, legal and employment matters
- Treatment options including discussion of the medications used to treat mental illness
- Management of general physical health including side effects and metabolic syndromes